Thursday, February 28, 2008

The "F" word

That's right... the flu. According to the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) the flu is now considered widespread in South Carolina. They have also reported that the cases are rapidly increasing. Great news for all those living in SC. I wish someone had told me that the flu would be this bad. Now I'm having to experience it for myself.

I haven't been this sick in a while. It seems to be ok as long as I'm doped up on tylenol, orange juice, and chicken noodle soup. Well, that is until I stand up. Then it's like I've just stepped on a roller coaster that only goes in circles. Kristie has been great. She's been making sure that I'm still among the living and is trying her best to keep me here. She has told me numerous times about the children at the daycare and how they have been sick. The other day she was not feeling well and was running a slight fever (99.5), but overall was feeling ok. One of her kids walked up and asked her if she was dying. She got on his level and asked the little boy to feel her head. After hitting her in the five head like Benny Hen the little boy looked at her and said, "Miss Kwistie, I fink uwr dying." Another little girl walked up and said, "Wet me see." This little girl knew exactly what she was doing. She took her hand and grabbed Kristie by the top of the head with a grip tight enough to lift Kristie off the ground and said, "Miss Kwistie, uwr not diwing." I'm glad to see that Kristie has consulted the experts.

Needless to say that when I asked Kristie to check my four head to see if I was running a fever she replied, "Mr. Hunk, I fink uwr dying."

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Awww! Well.. I hope that "Mr.Hunk" and "Miss Kwistie" get to feeling better soon! Please don't "diwe" or anything like that.. I love ya'll too much for that to happen! :p
We'll be keeping both of you in our prayers for ya'll to recover soon!
Love ya,
Mindy

Russell Purvis said...

dang, I was hoping you would talk about the other F word

Russell Purvis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hank-ronna said...

That makes me miss the little ones at church. Children are so precious.