Monday, September 10, 2007

Water

I'm not sure what it is, but recently I have this desire to go and enjoy a lake, river, or even a small pond.

As I've reflected, I think back to the times when Christ went away to have time alone near the water. In Mark, Jesus teaches by the lake, and is even found sleeping while in a boat. There is something about the peace that comes with being on the water. It's like... you are standing on the edge of adventure.

What is on the other side?

Will I make it to the other side?

What will it be like once I get in the water?

I find myself asking these questions in my day to day living. Where will God lead me in ministry? What does the next semester of ministry hold? What does the next week hold!? I'm not sure, but I know that it won't be a boring journey. As a matter of fact, I know it will be exciting. My prayer is that God will teach me while I am pursuing His vision, that He will guide me, and that I will be successful reaching the other side.

No comments: