Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Waiting

The theme of this summer has been very clear to me: waiting. I've been waiting on dates for activities. I've been waiting for Kristie to come back. I've been waiting for payday. I had to wait at the drive through today for nearly 30 minutes. As a matter of fact, I am waiting on a phone call and numerous e-mails right now. It seems that there are a lot of things in life that I have to wait for in order to get the result I desire. And there are times that the result we want never comes. So what is worth waiting for?

I've noticed that many people seem to want things immediately. I've done it today. If I could have found a way to get out of that drive through today I would have done it. The food might have been fast, but the line certainly was not. Was it really worth waiting for? Not really. I mean, I spent more in gas trying to run the air than I did on the value menu.

I did a little experiment earlier this week. I've taken different roads to the church in order to see which route is faster. To be accurate, I made sure to do exactly the spend limit each time. You know what? It really doesn't matter that much. I caught every light green on 123 the other day, and then on the shorter and "faster" route I ended up behind a pickup that did 5-10 under the whole trip. I've found out that sometimes it doesn't matter if your car can do 0-60 faster than road-runner, sometimes you just have to wait. I can't force things to come faster, sometimes I just have to wait.

I'm waiting for so many things. I'm finding out that in order to get good results I have to do two things. One, I have to give it my all. I can't let up, and I have to follow through. Two, I have to wait. Sometimes this means that I'll be inconvienced, but it's the nature of life. In this fast paced life, the good things come with time. There are things that I have waited a long time for, and those things are slowly coming together.

No comments: